Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 209 - 212 - Lazy Louisiana

I apologize for the lack of posts. The last week has been absolutely crazy, and I think you'll see why. I'm breaking up the week into two chunks: pre-leaving and post-leaving.

Thursday 7/28
From what I can remember, nothing much happened this day. My mom and I went to get some school supplies, and just hung around for most of the day. I believe we went tanning, as well, and I got more color.

Friday 7/29
More lazy day. My dad worked for most of the day, but when he came home, my mom and I tanned by the pool. My dad was supposed to join us, but got caught up inside with something (cleaning the coffee maker, maybe?) and by the time he was going to come down, it had started pouring. That's basically how the last week has been in Baton Rouge: rainy. Lots and lots of rain.

Saturday 7/30

My parents and I went over to one of my dad’s coworker’s houses tonight for dinner. I knew they had kids, but I didn’t realize they have the four most adorable little daughters on the face of the planet.
Highlights of the evening:
  • “Momma, where that cute little boy at?” Referring to my dad.
  • Watching the four of them do a true wrestle-mania on the living room couch.
  • Fixing the DVD player, and finding that Gracie has a huge crush on Joey Parker (Drew Seeley) in Another Cinderella Story.
  • Having Mackenzie, the youngest, climb into my mom’s lap.
  • Having my photo taken a lot because “your phone is cool!”
  • “Huggling” - cross between hugging and cuddling. Used to get everyone into the photo.
  • “Squish more!!”
  • Molly asking me to sleep over.
  • Playing airplane.
  • Watching Gracie eat mass amounts of bread … but only the insides.
  • “Kitty!!”
  • Hearing what they were “fixin’” to do.
  • “Daddy, who’s dippin’ the ice cream?”
It was a good night overall. I have officially lost my heart to the four girls (Maddie, Gracie, Molly, and Mackenzie) and their southern drawls. I absolutely cannot wait to see them again.

Sunday 7/31
I finished packing for my trip and just lazed around all day. I went to bed super early, because my alarm was set for 4:30 a.m. on Monday. It was a pretty rude awakening, but it all worked out. I made sure the fish were all clean and fed and everything, showered and straightened my hair in order to look good in the airport and not have to deal with a hot appliance in the wee hours of the morning. I think I went to bed somewhere around 8:30 p.m., and slept throughout the night. I was rather surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment