Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 125 - Your favorite quote

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the thins a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love ... true love never dies.

This is a quote from one of my favorite movies Secondhand Lions, and it is so true. Sometimes you need to believe in the impossible to keep on going, you need to trust that people are good, and that the evil things in life have not affected them.

I think the last part is what makes this stick with me - true love never dies. And as much as I would like to believe sometimes that what I'm feeling is true love, I know that it's not, because it isn't sustained. It doesn't keep burning even when the source of ignition, or the fuel, leaves.

I have this quote memorized. Forward and backward, side to side. It hung at three different places in my dorm room last year, and is still featured prominently on my memory board. I've made designs with it, special fonts, postcards. And this is always the quote that I tell my friends when they need some advice. When they need someone to remind them that there is good in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment