Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 151 - The Official Beginning of Summer

Today has been surprisingly productive. I woke up (a tad later than I planned) at 8:45 a.m. and straightened hair/got ready for the day. I took an inventory of the kitchen and went out to the grocery store to get the ingredients for dinner (rather simple - we're just grilling out).

I "accidentally" passed the grocery store and just happened to pull in to a Starbucks parking lot - but really, what can I say? It was 9:00 a.m., 92 degrees, and I needed a fix. With a venti Raspberry Passion tea in hand (about 10 minutes later ... they were really slow), I finally went to Albertson's, only to get lost in the aisles. Oops. I guess I don't really remember where everything is.

I came back home, unloaded groceries, and made myself lunch (peanut butter sandwich and some Honey Nut Cheerios). After putzing around for a while (there was a MADE marathon on MTV that I got sucked into), I worked out some, mostly just strength stuff and ab workouts. I made cookies, and then put a swimsuit on and went to tan.

I surprised myself by laying out for about an hour and a half, and as of right now, I'm not even burned! Though I am beginning to get tan lines .... which I'm not a big fan of (I'm thinking an investment in another bandeau top might be in order). But the most exciting thing? (other than realizing that I may not always be Casper the Ghost) I'm getting shoulder freckles, which, to me, is the quintessential sign that it is summer.

The freckles always show up right at the tops of my shoulders, where the arm meets the torso. They're light and small, and I find them adorable. I'm sure it's probably bad to get freckles (too much sun?), but I always get excited when I get them.

Since then, I've started laundry, eaten dinner with my dad, and have just hung around. I need to finish laundry tonight, and read some. Tomorrow looks like it'll be a shopping day. Oh glorious summer .... how I'm going to enjoy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment