Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 152 - A pattern emerges

This morning was a rough start - I was woken up at 1:30 a.m. by the cats, and eventually threw them out of my room so I could finally have some peace and quiet to sleep in. But sometime when I was up, I decided to turn off my alarm for the morning, and ended up rolling out of bed around 10:30 a.m..

Not a problem, right? Wrong. Because I had planned to go to the mall between 9 and 10, in order to beat any traffic on the way. So I finally left the apartment around 11:30, only to hit major traffic on the way there, and arrive at the first store about 12:15 (the trip was only supposed to take 20 minutes).

I was in desperate need for more bathing suits (stupid me had believed that 2 suits would suffice for 3 months in the South ... yup, not so much). I found two cute ones at Old Navy (I was getting desperate for ANYWHERE that would sell bikinis). And I must admit, I love them - one is an asymmetrical black bandeau top with a bikini bottom with multi-colored anchors on them [enough preppy to stay me, but still modern/edgy]. The other is neon pink string bottom with a blue flower, with a top in the blue flower pattern and pink strings. The second one is more of a "goal" suit - something I'll wear when I get more tan, and work out more.

After getting back from the mall, I had lunch, then laid out for a bit ... well ... maybe for an hour or two. I then just hung around the apartment until my dad came home. Then it was off to dinner, grocery stores, and finally home to work-out.

Here's Claire's second not-so-smart thing of the day (the first was thinking two bathing suits would last in the South): I realized that I forgot to bring down work-out clothes made for the South. Meaning? The other day I worked out in light yoga pants. But the only other pair of pants I brought down to work out in were heavy sweatpants with MICHIGAN down the leg. Not the smartest thing, when it was 97 degrees outside. But I went, and worked out, and sweated in the sweatpants (I  guess the name is correct, at least). Maybe my next investment is some shorts .....

No comments:

Post a Comment