Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 156 - The magnificent views of Oak Alley

Alright, I have GOT to stop putting things in the queue, because it seems like they never get posted. Here's the post from yesterday, just copied and pasted from the original post.

Today was both lazy and adventurous. My dad and I lounged around the apartment for the better part of the morning, and into early afternoon. But, with my "nagging," we eventually left to visit a plantation. The day's pick? Oak Alley, in Vacherie, LA.

The drive was ... on the longer side (it took us around 40 minutes to get there) and the skies were threatening rain the entire way. I had brought an umbrella, but based on yesterday's thunderstorm, it wouldn't have held up. We arrived at Oak Alley and walked around the grounds a bit (they were GORGEOUS) and finally took a tour of the house. All I can say is that the pictures can speak for themselves. A lot of my friends have commented about how gorgeous the photos are, but all I really did was point and shoot - the views took care of themselves.
With this shot? Point and shoot. Honestly.

After the tour we basically just came home, and it was good thinking, because about 5 minutes later, we drove through some rain. I know that I don't melt, but Beckett (my camera) doesn't really enjoy getting wet.

Now we're home and dinner's about to be grilled (Italian-dressing-marinated chicken), and then I'm going to go to bed (lame, I know), since I start class bright and early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment