Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 159 - Haven for homework

Today was Natural Beauty Day, which meant that people weren't supposed to put on make-up or do anything fancy with their hair. So I embraced it and didn't do anything. For some reason my hair was super straight this morning, so I guess it decided to be nice for me. How considerate.



I threw on shorts and a Michigan T-shirt and headed out for class. I was praying for college tolerance, and got it, for the most part. I received numerous strange looks from people, mostly questioning expressions, saying "Why are you here?!?". But no one threw me off campus for it. Thankfully.

Class ended early (I'm sensing a pattern), and I went to Starbucks (haven) to study for a couple of hours. I ended up staying there for close to two hours, and even though I wans't a big fan of hteir music selection, and didn't enjoy not being able to access the internet (maybe it was just my computer, though), it did help me focus on doing my work.

I stopped and found a nice Chinese restaurant, where the food is pretty decent (not necessarily the ethnic quality I've found in Michigan, but good enough for Louisiana standards). After coming back to the apartment, I watched some Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and then continued on taking notes from the textbook.

A storm rolled through and scared the cats. It startled me too, a bit, just because it looked like a monsoon and had no sign of stopping. It was so dark outside, I ended up turning on most of the lights in the apartment and closing the shades to the giant window/sliding glass door thing that makes up most of our living room wall (it leads out to our balcony).

Anyways, I ended up finishing another chapter of notes (only have to do one more ... hopefully I can finish it tonight) and now my dad and I are going to go to Lowe's to pick out paint. Fun fun. And maybe I'll stop at Haven again and get more work done .... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment