Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 175 - Excavating a Human

Yesterday in class we excavated a human. Don't worry, LSU doesn't let Anthropology 1001 students go to a live crime scene and just let them loose. Nope. This was staged, and was only a skeleton.

Either way, it was really cool. I mean, the whole skeleton still kind of freaked me out, but I liked how we had to measure the distance from the grid block sides using the two measuring tapes - it was like math, but in real life. Plotting coordinates, and now having to scale the photo.

I went home, and eventually went out with my mom. We went to lunch (chinese food), shoe shopping (got some cute white sneakers and tan topsiders), to the library (didn't get any books, but may get in trouble with the knitting book section), to Hobby Lobby (will definitely get in trouble in the yarn and craft section), and finally to Starbucks (not the regular one, and I didn't like it as much).

Yup, it was a fun day. And this weekend can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment