Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 155 - Wrath of God

Today wasn't too exciting - I woke up rather late (around 11 or so) and just hung around until 1:00, when I went down to the pool to tan.

On the plus side, it looks as if I'm getting some color :) I'm thinking about writing a book: How to go from Casper to Beige in 10 Days. I hope it'll sell. Just kidding. Though I am an expert on the subject.

I could only handle being outside for so long, so I came up and watched a movie (Bring it On: All or Nothing), and then the Wrath of God came.

What I mean? A giant storm. A Louisiana thunderstorm. Unlike Michigan, where it just rains for a couple of hours with low, rolling thunder, in Louisiana, it rains like it's the end of the world for about 45 minutes, complete with hail, tons of lightning, and violent thunder, and then it leaves.

This storm was intense, even for Louisiana standards. There was marble-sized hail, which started as soon as the rain started coming down.
The white spots in the trees? Some of the smaller hail pieces.

My dad and I went out to dinner, but learned soon enough that anywhere north of the main road was out of power - we were basically a 1 square block that had power. Luckily, we found a place to have dinner, and then went to the grocery store to get some supplies for dinners and such for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment