Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169 - A new way of life

Today has been a bit of a lazy day.

I woke up reasonably early (well ... 9:30ish) and just hung around for a bit - reading the knitting blog, checking email and the random blogs that I follow (yes, I follow more than just one).

My dad and I hung out for a bit watching some random Law and Orders (we're both slightly addicted to the show) and then finally started taping and prepping to paint the dining room. We eventually did get started, and it looks absolutely amazing. Really though. It's my favorite color that we've painted. Maybe that's because it's the maize from University of Michigan's Maize and Blue, but still .... it looks really good in the room.

We went out to Sammy's Grill for dinner, and it was amazing (again). If anyone is in the Baton Rouge area, I highly recommend it. Even if you're not, come. It's worth it. I recommend their homemade pot roast po'boy (a half is way more than enough for a meal) and am slightly in love with their sweet potato fries (well, then again, I've never met a sweet potato fry I haven't liked), and love mixing light mayo and hot sauce (a new addition). Yup. It's probably horrible for you, but it's soooooooo good.

I started a new sweater, too, and if my webcam wasn't broken, I'd be holding it up with a giant grin on my face. I found a new pattern, changed it a bit to fit what I like, and have already knit about 6 inches of the back. I'm also slightly in love with the yarn I'm using - it's so soft, even when it's knit up.

The rest of tonight? Knitting. And chatting with friends. Favorite quote so far:
I can make a mean grilled cheese. And I can turn anything into a sexual reference. Both tasks that I can put on a resume.

I really want to see what type of job my friend will get with THOSE skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment