Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 - Too much for a title

Today was a full day. Started out getting up, straightening my hair, going to school (getting Starbucks, of course).

In class, we did a review game (that we've been doing throughout the class) where we divide into teams and answer Jeopardy-like questions. Well, usually each team has around 4 of 5 people. Today, I was the only one from my team there. But you know what? I scored 6 points out of the 20 questions ... one person answered over 25% of the possibly questions. I was pretty proud of myself.

My friend Amanda and I hung out after class - she took me to "Redneck heaven" ... aka a Bass Pro Shop that was larger than any outdoor sporting supply store I'd ever seen. This place was huge!! I saw some classy camo things (lingerie anyone?) but am honestly debating getting a camo bikini - they're so cute! We also stopped and got some fudge from the fudge shop in the store (yes, it was that larger ... it also had a restaurant). I'll pause for a moment for you to drool over the photos:









You done? It's okay ... I am still in awe of the beauty that is Bass Pro shop fudge.

After going out to lunch (I'm now introduced to everyone in Denham Springs as "This is my friend Claire, she's from Michigan), and coming back home, I went to the library for yet another long study session. But this time it was only around 3 hours ... and I had a nice visitor (the barista from the bookstore Starbucks at LSU). It was so nice to talk to her, and she gave me a wonderful clothing website (she had noticed that my sweatshirt was from OutofPrintClothing). I finally finished the book notes, and got a pretty good start on flashcards, which hopefully I'll finish up tomorrow.

After coming back from the library, I had dinner and basically just relaxed. One of my friends posted a blog article for an online magazine and I somewhat fell in love with a tote bag. And by somewhat, I mean really. But honestly, just look at it. It's beautiful. But then I started looking at all of the bags on the website, and oh boy, I got myself in some trouble there .... there's this one, and this one - those are my three favorites. I'm honestly debating using those as a reward system throughout the year. Yes?

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Well, off to take a shower, and finally pack up the fudge. I can't stop staring at it. It really is beautiful. Really, I give you full permission to look at those photos again. Linger on your favorite one. Go ahead. Make it your computer background. I won't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment