Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 201 - The first burn of the season.

Today Lizzie and I woke up a bit late (maybe around 10:30 or so ...) and just hung around for a bit (we had originally planned on going straight down to the pool, but it was closed for maintenance). Around 12:00 we went down, and ended up laying out/playing in the pool for close to 2 1/2 hours.

We came back up to the apartment and decided where we were going to go for lunch: Sonic. It's a staple down here, but there are only 2 of them in the entire state of Michigan. We had to go.



Oh boy did we enjoy it ... until we had to climb the three sets of stairs to get to the apartment. Those weren't the greatest moments of our lives ....

After lunch, we had to digest a bit in order to get any energy, so we watched Switched at Birth for a bit. This is the one and only show that I actually keep track of. Maybe because it's going to be over by the time I leave for school, which means that I am able to watch it on a television and don't have to remember to get it online. Or maybe just because I like the premise of it: I find it fascinating.

While we were watching the show, I started noticing that my shoulders felt a little warm. And they were more than a little warm. And more than a little tan. Yes, they might in fact have a bit of a red color to them .... which indicates a slight burn. My back has the same thing. The only conclusion that I can come to is that when we were playing in the pool, the sunscreen came off, and because my back was to the sun most of the time, that was the body part that got burned. And yes, I'm going to have some strange tan lines (I didn't notice that my bikini bottoms were lopsided .... oops).

We went back down to the pool for a bit just to hang out - I brought a book and Beckett (the camera) and took lots of photos while Lizzie played in the water. Some of the favorites:




We came up for dinner, and have just been hanging out since then. Showering, changing, blowing up pool floats on our own. Talking. Pure amazing-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment