Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Beginning: Day 1 - To My Best Friends

To My Best Friends -

Hello.

You all keep me going - you are my role models and every time I do something, my only wish is for you to be proud. We've been through many times: you've laughed with me (and most likely at me), cried with me, jokes with me, and have undoubtedly changed me into the person who I am today.

Without you all, I know that I wouldn't be where I am right now. You have not only pushed me to be the best person I can be, but also love me for who I am at this moment. You accept me and my craziness, my OCD tendencies, my organization and hyperactivity, my "off" moods, and my many stupid moments. You take all parts of me: the Southern Belle, the English girl, the studious worker, the carefree fun-lover, as well as the subtle variations and combinations of all of these.

Because of you, I have kept my sanity by losing it. And it's the crazy moments, the times that we roll off couches with tears streaming down our faces for no apparent reason, that I will remember forever. I can never repay you for everything that you have done for me, but I will try. I will try to make you proud, I will try to keep in touch. I will be there when you need a shoulder to cry on, or a second person for a happy dance. I will celebrate your successes, but will also be there when the world seems to turn against you. But most importantly, I will try to do everything in my power to be as good of a friend to you as you are to me, no matter how futile my efforts may be.

I love you all. And I look forward to more amazing times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment