Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 - Person You Wish Could Forgive You

With the recent events that have transpired, I believe that this letter needs to be addressed to my MATH 296 class (especially the girls).

Hey everyone.

I'm sorry for deserting you. I really am, but at this point in time, I need to make sure that I'm doing what's best for me. Please believe me when I say that the decision was not easy: I wanted to make it through it - I wanted to be able to say that I survived. But I guess it's just that "another one bites the dust."

The thoughts have danced around everyone's minds. Every Thursday, at 2 a.m., we would pledge that this was our last week. Some people were gutsy enough to drop, others were brave enough to continue. At first I was brave. Now I'm gutsy.

I've been debating this for a while - especially at the end of last semester, I knew that I wouldn't make it through this semester. The meltdowns came more frequently, and my self-doubts started affecting other aspects of my life. I'm not being dramatic when I say that there were mornings that I would get anxious as to whether to have a bagel or cereal for breakfast because I had spent too much time on math the previous night/morning.

I'm not quite sure what the future will bring. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone on Thursdays still. I'll come visit, and bring pick-me-ups. Or, rather, pick-you-ups.

I'd like to say that I'll miss it. But I won't. But I certainly will miss the family that we've formed.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment