Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8 - To My Favorite Internet Friend

I don't really know what to say to you ....

Let's be honest: you're one of my cousins. But I haven't seen/talked to you in about ten years. I'm not really quite sure why I'm writing this letter to you, other than because you show up on my Facebook news feed a lot, and I've learned more about you and your way of life than I ever really wanted to. I don't really know if I would label you my "favorite" Internet 'friend,' but you're certainly the one that I keep track of the most. Most of the time I'm hesitant to see what you've been up to - part of me is always scared that something has gone horribly wrong and that you're sick, or in trouble.

You friended me on Facebook months ago, and ever since then, I've been following you. It's not to be creepy, but rather just to see how you're doing, because it seems as if you've had a pretty rough time lately. I'm sorry that I didn't know about all of your problems earlier .... I keep wondering whether there would have been anything that I could have done to help. Or just be there.

Some ... no ... most of the decisions you have made have been detrimental, and I'm usually against what you say you're going to do. But I'm glad you seem to know when you need to get help. It seems as if you've gone through so many things that most people shouldn't have to go through. But you've made it through. And I know that you can make it through anything if you just believe that things will get better.

We may never talk, but just know that I'm thinking about you. And no matter what, we'll always be family.

No comments:

Post a Comment