Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19 - Someone that Pesters Your Mind

Quite honestly, a lot of people pester my mind. And who pesters it at any given point in time depends on my surroundings. So I guess I'll write to the one who is currently in my mind:

Hi.

You are absolutely gorgeous. Both inside and out. Your precious face is smiling at me from my memory board ... twice ... and not a day goes by that I don't think about you. It's the text messages that seem to come from no where, but each of which holds a joke, or a memory, or a funny story. Sometimes I wish I could just put you in my pocket and carry you around with me. You always know how to make me laugh, but also know when it's time to just sit quietly and give a hug.

We've grown so close in this last year or so. I mean, we've known each other for longer, but it's just since I've come to college that we've really grown closer. So maybe it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Because I guess I'm fond of you enough that the little things at school remind me of you: people carrying Starbucks, people with strawberry blonde hair, with your laugh, with your infectious smile. With your love of life.

I believe you'll read this. And I know you'll know who you are. So here's to you. Congratulations, you have infiltrated my mind. But that's not a bad thing. Because it means that wherever I am, I'll always have a little bit of you with me.

(I hope this letter makes you smile. Your letter to me did. I still have it. And I can't say it enough: thank you for everything).

No comments:

Post a Comment