Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 - A Stranger

Hello. You are amazing.

When I first saw you, I thought you were just yawning or something, but when you continued to walk across the length of the Diag without closing your mouth, you reminded me of a shark I saw in the New Orleans aquarium whose bottom jaw couldn't move. Your short spiky hair gave the appearance of rows of teeth, and you were even wearing a grey sweatshirt. I honestly hope that you are majoring in something to do with sharks. Or love them, and have posters all over your room.

When you started waving frantically to a friend who hadn't seen you yet, you kind of resembled a T-Rex, with the big head/mouth and little tiny arms. The image was made even better with the fact that your sweatshirt sleeves were too long, so they were flapping around in the cold.

I'm not quite sure why you had your mouth open, nor do I know why it was so urgent to get your friend's attention. But I do know that watching you walk today the way you did gave me more enjoyment than you probably realize. I understand that I may never see you again, and, on a certain level, that's okay with me, because if I saw you again and you no longer resembled a shark/T-Rex, I know I would be disappointed. But I do hope that you'll do something else that will make someone else smile and chuckle.

So thank you, T-Rex shark man. For making my day a little bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment