Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4 - To My Brother

Rob-

My how the times have changed. I remember (or rather, everyone else remembers) when you were just Rubba to me. You were the big brother who wanted to protect his baby sister, the boy who wanted to make sure I was happy all the time. As our personalities have developed, we've had our number of spats, but even through the rough patches, we're always there for each other.

You put up with me, and have helped me more over the years than I could even imagine: from moving furniture to giving food and store advice, from being a chauffeur to being a partner in crime, from telling me the harsh reality of life to giving great big hugs, it seems as if we've been through it all together. Or at least most of it together.

I never really realized how much of a blessing it would be to attend school with you, and just knowing that you're across campus is a huge relief. You've gone above and beyond to make sure that I'm doing alright, and though I know that Mom and Dad put you up to some of it, you still deserve a huge thank you. And maybe a couple of batches of cookies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment