Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26 - The last person you made a pinky promise to

Dear Becky,

I promised you that I would go to a Delt party if my friends left by 11:30. I didn't go. Partly because I didn't want to, partly because you were so insistent, and partly because my friends didn't leave.

I had told you that I wouldn't prolong the visit, but that I also wouldn't push my friends out the door. And truthfully, I lied. We chatted for a long while, but I still don't think that I deliberately prolonged the visit. It was more like I hadn't seen either of them in months, and we had a lot to catch up on.

You were so insistent on me going to the party, and I must ask, why? There have been DTD parties in the past that you haven't pushed me to come to, so why now? I guess that is what I don't understand ...

I don't really have issues with frat parties. But not on Friday nights ... the weeks are long, and especially after a hockey game, all I want to do is go to bed and sleep until the next morning. The least appealing option is to have a long day, then go to a hockey game, then deal with drunk people, and then finally go back to my dorm to sleep, and not be productive the next day.

I can't afford to waste that time right now. It's fine if you do. It's fine if everyone else does. But I just couldn't go. And I'm sorry I didn't fulfill the pinky promise.

1 comment: