Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - To My Ex-Boyfriend

Hey there.

Quite honestly, I don't really know what to write. After all, if I had been asked to write this letter a week ago, I wouldn't have anyone to address it to ... or maybe I wouldn't have anyone to formally address it to. That might not make sense. I guess I had an inkling that this letter would have a recipient soon enough, but I just didn't really know when. I could feel going down to Baton Rouge this last time that something was different - that something was going to change. And, sure enough, it did.

It's been six days. And so much has happened in those six days: I came back from Baton Rouge, we broke up, I moved back to Ann Arbor (what feels like my true home), I've started classes, and have made progress in work.  I'm not really sure exactly what you've been up to - we talked for a little bit yesterday but it didn't seem like anything outstanding was said. But with everything going on recently, I don't really think that I've had time to comprehend the fact that we're not together anymore.

But then again, I'm not quite sure whether I really believed we were together. It's strange, because I knew in my heart that we were, but I don't think my brain ever fully comprehended that not-so-minor detail. Now it doesn't have to.

Everything was mutual ... or at least that's how I'd like to perceive it. I know that things may not be the best right now, but I guess I have faith that everything will end up alright eventually. This is what was the best for both of us ... or, rather, this was what was best for our relationship.

We'll still talk, if you're okay with that. Because I honestly don't know what I'd do without you in my life. I'm just really hoping that you will want to stay friends.

Well ... I guess that's all for now. But don't worry ... there'll be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment