Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92 - A photo of yourself from a year ago


This picture was taken a year ago, almost to the day (March 29th). The two girls next to me were the other two counterparts to the "Three Musketeers." The picture was before we all went to the Sadie Hawkins dance, which was, invariably, a bust.

The girl in the middle is one of my best friends. And I miss her a ton. Even though we've definitely had our ups and downs, it seems like no matter what, we always make it through. There has been some push-and-pull moments: the moments where it seems like one of us is working more, or less, than the other at keeping in touch, but we always get it back in balance. And no matter how drastic things are, I know that I can always call her if I need to.

The girl on the left is a bit more unstable - our relationship was good, then it petered out, and now it's kind of back in the defining stages. That's not to mean that we're not friends anymore ... but more like we have to try and re-learn each other. It's been difficult. Neither of us wanted to admit that we had changed, no did we want to admit that we were floating apart. But I think that it's better now - not so much the communication part (which could always be improved), but the facing the truth. We both realize that our friendship is a bit shaky, and I guess time will only tell what will happen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment