Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94 - A photo of the last place you went on holiday

So I've been to Baton Rouge, but I consider that home, not vacation. So here's the last legitimate "vacation" we went on - New Orleans, LA during Winter Break.


The day after Christmas, my family and I (along with my grandma and my brother's girlfriend) drove to New Orleans to spend a couple of days.

Not only did we see the cathedral, but also ate at Muriel's restaurant (it's the building on the right in the picture, you can just barely see the corner of it), Cafe du Monde (it would be behind the photographer and to the right), and just walked around.

We went to see the aquarium, with the huge fish and sharks, jellyfish, penguins (my favorite) and sea otters (Becky's favorite). And had an absolutely amazing time, really.

There are some things in New Orleans that I've fallen in love with: the cathedral, and the gardens in front of it, Cafe du Monde (the best beignets EVER), and the antique/art shops on the skirts of the French Quarter. There's also a book shop that reminds me of a place here in Ann Arbor, with the aisles filled with books, and barely enough room to move around in.

I love just sitting by the river and watching the barges go by; when I get sick of watching that, I can turn around and watch the street performers (puppeteers, artists) and horse-drawn carriages roll by. All in all, NOLA is amazing.

Who dat?

No comments:

Post a Comment