Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33 - A song that makes you happy

Just like my favorite song, this is a hard category. I think that this time it's because I have multiple different forms of "happy." And for a song to make me happy, it seems to me as if I would have to be not happy first. And depending on which mood I'm coming from, there will be a different song that will get me to the "happy" point. But here's one:

(the video is a tad weird .. it's just the lyrics, but for some reason the official video wouldn't load on my computer ....)

Anyways. This song. Is. Amazing.

I heard it for the first time in Baton Rouge - my mom and I were in the mall and all of a sudden I hear the end of this song as we walk into a store. I fell in love with the end, and after we got home, I fell in love with the whole song.

I think that it's so adorable that it plays on the "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" saying. And the fact that most of the stanzas are about a guy asking a girl out ... it's just so cute. I feel as if that is how every guy should ask their crush out. Sing this song. Or, better yet, have Chris Rice come and perform it. Take a chance, and just take hold of the beauty of romancing. I feel as if so much of that has gone away.

But then again, I really am a sucker for happy endings.

I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment