Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48 - A song you wish you heard on the radio

Again, I don't listen to the radio, so I have no idea what is played on it. My apologies if this song is actually played:


You don't need to watch the video - it's in memory of someone who the creator was close to, I'm guessing.

I heard this song for the first time at my cousin's graduation party.  It seems like yesterday that my mom and I were driving back from Traverse City, MI listening to the "Grad Party" CD that my cousin had burned for us. I remember calling her and having her listen to the song so we could learn who sang this beautiful song. I remember listening to the CD, track 7, for months after that, and singing this song in the shower.

I believe this song might have actually been the first song I memorized all the words to. And I still can sing along, even though I don't listen to it all too regularly.

The premise of the song is sad, but it's also true. Everyone is on their journey to heaven (if you believe in that), but it is true, no matter what, that you can't take luggage with you in a hearse. It's not the material things in life that count, it is who you are as a person, and how you changed the lives of those around you.

I hope I'm working toward that. I think at this point, I may still have a backpack worth of luggage I'd have in the hearse, but that luggage is shrinking with each year, heck, with each month. Maybe by the time this year is over, I won't have any luggage.

I'd like to be a light packer.

No comments:

Post a Comment