Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38 - A song you know all the words to


This was a no-brainer. I know this song, backwards, forwards, upside-down. Really. Just have me listen to it. I'm pretty sure I could recite it in my sleep.

John Mayer is like Josh Groban - his voice is like an auditory hug. I mean, really, just listen to him. Please. He seems so ... perfect. When he sings this song, he's sensitive, but is in control. He sings from his heart, but also allows people to sing from theirs too.

I guess I'm just a sucker for singers whose names begin with "J." And who can play the guitar. That's probably another reason why I love this song - it's acoustic.

I'm sorry - this post has been sporadic. I'm not really quite sure why. Other than the fact that I just finished a hard essay, and my brain is pretty much kaput. Well that, and my heart has sufficiently melted after listening to this song.

I want to be the girl he talks about in the song ... and though she gets her heart broken, I guess I wouldn't really mind. Because at least he would sing about it, with his beautiful voice.

I want someone to love me enough to make both of us fall - for each other. But most of all, I think I want my name written in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment