Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41 - A song from your favorite band

Quite honestly, I don't have a favorite band. Well, not a "traditional" favorite band. I don't have one specific person or group that I go back to over and over, so instead I can give you my favorite band right now. Or, rather, my favorite artist.


I absolutely love Yo-Yo Ma, and this song has been played so many times since I got it from a friend. And by "so many times," I mean around 50 times, just this week. At least.

The part that starts to get me is around 0:35. The melody coming in is just so beautiful, and organic. I can't help but lose my heart to the story when this part comes. 0:53, though, is my absolute favorite part. It comes up a couple of times during the song, but I always anticipate the first time it is played - the moment just before the note is silent - it is almost as if the cello is hovering over the note- hovering over the last moment that it played, and doesn't want to ruin the silence. But the beautiful silence is filled with even more beautiful music.

Oh my goodness. I think I'm falling in love with classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment