Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 57 - A song that you wish you could play

Hmmmm .... there are a lot of songs that I wish I could play. There are obviously some of the "classics" -Beethoven, Mozart, etc. But I think I'd most like to learn this:


Okay, granted, this is two songs. I'm sorry, but I really couldn't pick just one. Rather, I'd love to learn how to play the entire Cinema Paradiso soundtrack. It is just absolutely beautiful. Especially when the movie is played too.

I remember watching the movie in my high school Italian class. It was beautifully done, and it is still undoubtedly one of my favorite movies (along with a couple of other Italian ones as well). I remember sitting in the darkened classroom, finishing the movie, and crying. The ending just hits me. And the Italian language was just so filled with anguish, with despair, that I had no choice but to let my emotions get the better of me.

I'll never forget that moment. The moment when the old man gives his speech to the boy. The moment the boy is taken in by the man, who learns to love him. And, most importantly, the moment the boy realizes just how much the old man means to him.

It's a beautiful movie. In a beautiful language. With an absolutely gorgeous soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment