Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55 - A song that makes you laugh

Well, it may not make me laugh, but it certainly makes me smile.


I'm not really quite sure why this song makes me smile: maybe it's the beat, or maybe it's the fact that they mention summertimes in northern Michigan, which reminds me of so many good times.

One summer I went up to my friend's cottage for a week. We had fun playing in the lake, and going into town. We both bought yarn to spool knit, which is still one of my favorite things to do if I have extra time on my hands. It is amazing. But the best part of the week we spent up there? Spending time with her family, and making a bunch of everlasting memories.

Unfortunately our friendship has fallen apart. I miss it. Honestly and truly. But I also know that people change, and I am thankful that I was able to make so many memories with her while our friendship lasted.

And the summertimes in northern Michigan can never be replaced. They'll be with me all summer long. Heck, they'll be with me throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment