Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - A person you admire

So here it goes: the third month of the year. So far, I've written every day, and it feels so great. March is a bit of an odd month - there will be some posts that are letter-based, some will just be reflections. Let's see how it works out!

Rach -

I wanted to write you a letter in January, but no title seemed exactly right. Even this doesn't really. I mean, I do more than admire you .... you've turned into the big sister I never had. We've stayed up late night talking about problems, about boys, and about problems with boys.

But I don't just admire anyone who is able to dish out good advice. So why you? Because you're always there for me, even when it may not be the best time. Because you seem to know what you want, and how to get it, and if you don't know where you're going, you just hang back and enjoy the ride. You know who you are, and aren't ashamed of it, and that 'you-ness' lights up a room whenever you walk in.

I still find it amazing that we used to not be this close. But now, even when we don't talk for weeks, we can pick up conversations like nothing has changed, even if things have. It seems as if there are more changes to come, for better or for worse.

So I'd just like to say, like you said to me once:

Dear Rachel,
I admire you.

Lots of love. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment