Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 87 -Your favorite place

I'm sorry for not posting yesterday - I had a midterm today that I was studying my butt off for. But hope this makes up for it!

My favorite place? Well, in reality, it's probably either in Baton Rouge, sitting out by the pool reading a book for fun, or sitting outside in the Diag at U of M watching people go by.

But my absolutely favorite place is in my mind. It's in a bay window, overlooking an expanse of green - with horses grazing and a hint of the Gulf of Mexico in the distance. The land is ours (or mine), and there's an old barn slightly to the left, with the doors wide open, leading to fields surrounded by white fences. The room is in my dream home: in the South, a large white house, with a wrap-around porch and a hanging swing bench. There's a formal library, but that's not where I'm sitting.

I'm curled in the bay window, on an overstuffed beige cushion, with sky blue pillows supporting my back, and a chocolate lab laying at my feet. The window is on the second floor, and it's in my own private room. It's where I house my memories, and where I make new ones.

Even though this place isn't a reality yet, it's still my favorite. If I can't fall asleep at night, I dream of the room: what books I'll be reading, what else is in the room, what the horses names are, who will share the house with me.

It may not be true yet, but I know that this place will always be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment