Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 76 - Your first kiss

I'm sorry that this is a day late - I completely forgot to post yesterday!

My first kiss, huh? Let me first explain my philosophy of first kisses, and then I can maybe go into a story.

So my philosophy is that you can have multiple "first kisses." Yes, there is the "first first," but the one you're really going to remember is your first kiss with the person you're going to end up with forever. That one will be special.

I don't mean to say that the others won't be, but, rather, your first "first kiss" will be remembered, but so will all of your other first kisses, especially the one you have with your eventual partner.

My first first kiss? We were in the kitchen, by the back door. Not even an hour before, I had climbed from the front seat of my mom's car, and we had completed the 17 hour drive from Baton Rouge. I felt icky and disgusting, and all I really wanted to do was get the stuff out of the car, throw my things in my room, climb in a shower, and do anything but sit down again. But instead, I'm met with him. He was walking up our driveway, and, despite how tired I was, I smiled.

This is what I had come back to. What I felt like I had come back for.

No comments:

Post a Comment