Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 89 - Your aspirations

I aspire to do one thing: learn to love.

I want to learn how to love a place: somewhere that I see as home, and can't see myself anywhere else. This will be a big achievement, for right now I want to live in at least seven different places. At the very least.

I want to learn how to love my job: I want to find something that I don't mind doing day in and day out. I want to have that feeling that I have to be ripped from my work to go home. But I don't want a job that consumes my life.

I want to learn to love myself: to turn every imperfection into an asset. It's not like I don't love myself now, but doesn't everyone have those days? The days where the pants don't fit quite right, or the sweater doesn't look as great as you thought it would.

I want to learn to love someone else: love them to the point where their imperfections don't matter, that I love spending time with them, no matter what we do. Love them where our relationship is even, where I'll sit through football games and action movies if they'll come to a hockey game, or ballet performance, or watch an occasional sweet movie.

And I hope I can find someone who will love me the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment