Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84 - Something that makes you cry

Thinking about home.

It's usually just in short spurts, but whenever I honestly look at a calendar and realize how long it'll be until I'm in Baton Rouge for the summer, it just tears me up. I don't necessarily cry every time, but it's hard, you know?

Maybe you don't. But that's okay too - because I wouldn't want anyone else to know what this feels like. It feels like I've left a part of myself behind in the South, and time is going to slowly, it seems as if it'll be years before I can get back to the rest of me. I know that it's only a couple of weeks: I finish finals in the end of April, and will start heading down around the middle to end of May (I'm going to visit my cousin for a while before I set up shop in Baton Rouge). But I know that it'll seem like forever.

I can't wait to be down there - not only will the sun and warmth be nice, but also the fact that it'll be summer (though I'm taking a class down there). It's an appealing idea that I'll have most of the days to just lounge around and read, doing nothing but working on a tan by the pool. And spending time with my family. That's a big thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment