Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67 - Your best friend

This post is almost too vague. Which best friend? The one who knows the most about me? The one I've known for longest? The one I can see myself keeping in touch with until we're old? They're all different people. But here's something about each and every one of them.

My best friend is amazing. They aren't my clone, but they also aren't polar opposite. We're right in the middle, like Goldilock's porridge, we're "just right."

My best friend understands me. They understand when I need to be left alone, and the random moods that I get in. They can see from my face, or hear from my laugh when I am truly having a good time, and when I'm just barely holding it together enough to keep a smile on my face.

They care about me, as I do about them. They're there for the good times, but, most importantly, they are there during the bad times too.

They know my priorities and my morals, and respect them. They may not agree, heck, they may not follow them, but at least they understand.

But, as much as they do, I think the most important thing that my best friends do is complete me. Each does this in a different way, but without them, I lose a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment