Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 77 - Your favorite memory

I can't choose a favorite memory. It is impossible. But why don't I give you a couple of my recent "favorites"?


  • Tonight my dad and I were driving to Joe Louis Arena for the CCHA semifinals. We had the radio on, and a Pink! song came on, just as we stopped at a red light. At the exact same moment, we started doing the signature "awkward dance." We know we're related.
  • U of M hockey senior night: Carl Hagelin scores two absolutely amazing goals, and with them comes the end of the Swedish flag era. The ensuing media has helped keep the legacy alive, but by giving Hagelin the giant Swedish flag, it feels as if we gave him a part of the student section to carry with him for the rest of his life. It was a bittersweet moment.
  • Learning how to knit from my grandma. She was so special to me, and the skill has not only helped me later in life, but it also allows me to feel close to her even when she isn't here.
  • The many moments with friends: the moments we laugh for no reason, fall down with tears, and finish each other's sentences. It's when we turn into dinosaurs, and speak in other languages. It's when, for that brief moment of time, it's as if one mind has been split into two bodies.
These are a few of my favorite memories. But please don't ask me to just pick one.

No comments:

Post a Comment